We think we have the specifications for the upcoming Canon EOS 7D Mark II, we’re trying to authenticate things down to the CR3 level. We have been incorrect about previous features of the camera. For one, the top plate is not an “EOS-1 Style”, and the camera does not shoot 12fps. The sensor does have new technology, but it is not multi-layer, which is what we originally reported, but got thrown off by patents showing layered sensors.
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Specifications
- Kit lenses: 18-135 IS STM and 15-85 IS STM (This would be a new lens)
- CF, UDMA mode 7 + SD, UHS-I
- No GPS or WiFi
- Fixed LCD, with no touch function.
- 20.2MP “Fine Detail” CMOS Sensor (I want more information on this)
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF
- Dual DIGIC 6 Processors
- 65 AF points “All Cross-type”. Dual cross on the center point.
- ISO 100-16000, ISO Boost mode 25600 and 51200
- 1080p/720p both get 60fps
- Servo AF for video shooting.
- Anti-flicker mode, eliminates flickers under flickering lights (e.g. fluorescent lamps).
- Spot metering size 1.8%
- Built-in flash with radio trigger function.
- Mic and headphones connectors
- Can sync time between 7D II cameras.
- Lens electronic MF
- About 100% coverage OVF
I stress I am trying to confirm everything above, and once I do I will update the rating on these specifications. I am 90% confident these are accurate EOS 7D Mark II specifications.