Mary Jane Watson Variants Coming This June!
New York, NY—March, 20th 2017 — Face it, comic book fans – you just hit the jackpot! Your eyes do not deceive, True Believer. Mary Jane Watson is getting a superhero overhaul this June at your local comic shop for a series of MARY JANE WATSON VARIANTS coming to your local comic store! To celebrate the launch of the highly-anticipated new series, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man #1 – one of the most iconic Spider-Man characters ever takes the Marvel Universe by storm and steps into the boots of its most famous heroes!
“Both the Gwen Stacy Variant Program and this month’s Venomized Variant Program were such runaway successes, we couldn’t help but try to top ourselves,” says Marvel SVP Sales & Marketing David Gabriel. “And with Chip Zdarsky and Adam Kubert’s new Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man book on the horizon, the timing couldn’t have been better to put the spotlight on fan-favorite Mary Jane Watson.”
What if Mary Jane had been awarded the Eye of Agamotto to become the new Dr. Strange? What if she had taken up the one-woman war on crime as the Punisher? Or became infused with gamma radiation to become the new Incredible Hulk? Well, wonder no longer!
Today, Marvel is pleased to reveal the first set of MARY JANE WATSON VARIANTS coming exclusively to comic shops throughout the month of June:
1. ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #21 by David Lopez
2. AVENGERS #8 by Mike Allred
3. CHAMPIONS #9 by Helen Chen
4. DOCTOR STRANGE #22 by Francisco Herrera
5. GWENPOOL, THE UNBELIEVABLE #17 by David Nakayama
6. HULK #7 by Rahzzah
7. INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #8 by Marco Checchetto
8. IRON FIST #4 by Stephanie Hans
9. SPIDER-GWEN #21 by Kevin Wada
10. THE MIGHTY CAPTAIN MARVEL #6 by Chris Samnee
11. THE PUNISHER #13 by Dave Williams
12. VENOM #151 by Francesco Mattina
Look for these additional Mary Jane Watson Variants to grace the covers of these exciting Marvel comics in June:
13. ALL-NEW GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #3 by TBA
14. BLACK BOLT #2 by Ryan Stegman
15. CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #18 by Paolo Rivera
16. DAREDEVIL #21 by Humberto Ramos
17. DEADPOOL #32 by Elizabeth Torque
18. I AM GROOT #2 by TBA
19. MIGHTY THOR #20 by Patrick Brown
20. SECRET WARRIORS #3 by Humberto Ramos
21. X-MEN BLUE #5 by TBA
22. X-MEN GOLD #5 by Anthony Piper
Look for more variants to be revealed in the coming weeks, and be sure to stop by your local comic shop to get your hands on these covers throughout the month of June!
To find a comic shop near you, visit http://ift.tt/nnPuH9 or call 1-888-comicbook.
About Marvel: Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information visit www.marvel.com © MARVEL 2016