Happy 2010!! Before I turn on the recording light today I have a few things to bring you up to speed on for the podcast and the website and I am asking for your comments and your help! It’s all part of my new years resolution!
Firstly, should my show stay weekly? Do you like the weekly routine? Is bi weekly a better option? If I went bi weekly I would probably have to go shorter in length.
Would you like shorter shows overall? I have been sticking to a 20 to 30 minute fixed show length recently. Is that good? Longer? shorter? Chime in!
What do you think of the new format? I have been transcribing my show for the show notes. It’s a pain but thought it might help. Thoughts?
Would you like the show to have interviews?
If geektechlive.com went video would you still watch/listen? My momma always said I had a face for radio. 😉
Please chime in below in the comments! Or contact me @geektechlive on Twitter!
Chris, Host of Geek Tech Live!
P.S. I am working on a new design fo the site. Should be a lot prettier and Geekier!
Ok I gotta get my hands on one of these Wifi Radio’s by Vtech. if you can get me the opportunity to review one please let me know.
specs are awesomeness wrapped in awesomeness with a side of cool!
from Vtechs IS9181 website site:
- Stream music across the 802.11 b/g WiFi network with “Best-in-Class” range. Broadband Internet service and a home WiFi network router are required
- Listen to Internet radio from the available 11,000 stations with no monthly fee
- Access Internet radio stations from our user-friendly online site or on the device itself
- Play music from any audio device (i.e. CD player, MP3 player, etc)
- Connect to any stereo system or powered speakers to access streaming Internet radio or music files stored on a PC or Mac
- Built-in FM radio tuner for local FM broadcast service. Preset your favorite stations
- Hi-Fidelity built-in 3W tuned stereo speakers and a 10W subwoofer with class D amplifier for each speaker that can fill any room with dynamic sound
- Digital alarm clock radio-wake up to your favorite Internet or FM radio station or the internal buzzer.
- Automatic clock set and adjustment via the Internet.
- Battery-operated option allows you to take the device outside the home or office.
- Convenient remote-browse, select and control your music from across the room using the remote control
- Access local weather and 5-day forecast
- Large full color display
- Product dimensions: 6.3″ x 12.4″ x 3.5″
- Giftbox weight: 4 lbs
Coming up in this episode:
- Google and Facebook want to shorten your URL’s
- Apple Allows plain old 3G Iphones to record video.. yay?
- Google Phone “nexus One” launches January 5th
- Part 2 in series of “So you really wanna be a podcaster?” ( and yes I moved the really around)
I would also like to say I have been doing a disservice to the listeners and downloaders by not fixing my show schedule. going forward the new schedule will be the following:
Recording Friday or Sat nights…
Upload new podcast on Sunday nights for the new week.
Episode 46 will be my last willy nilly upload. That way you can listen to me on your way into work on Monday morning… and who doesnt want to listen to me on a Monday Morning! 🙂
Going up tonight. A special video podcast unboxing of the mw2 call of duty prestige edition! It will be posted here as well as geek tech live podcast
Wait for it to drop in all its flipcam goodness!