Welcome again to Geek Tech Live where “you get two servings of Geek Twice a week!”
in this episode:
- Gears of War 2 Update lots of new stuff
- Iphone 4.0 SDK is released
- Android app for the Chevy Volt? Awesome!
Save a ton of cash and get a awesome gift to give. Go to Zazzle.com and put in promo code GEEKTECHSHOW when checking out for 10% off any order $50 or more !
Do you want to get emailed when I post a new episode? well, Sign up for email alerts via Google Feedburner. type in your email address in the box on the right hand pane and click submit! you will be emailed the full Podcast with all the links to the mp3 and news you know and trust from yours truly!
Gears of War 2 Update… lots of new stuff
If you are a fan of Gears of War 2 you are going to love this latest update. This latest update is actually number 6 in the continuing awesomeness that is Gears of War 2 ( GOW2) . Gamers rejoice! here are some of the highlights of the release notes found on EpicGames.com GOW2 site.
- The update adds a new public multiplayer match option called Social Xbox LIVE (aka player matches), open to anyone who owns all downloadable maps (that is, All Fronts Collection).
- You can join Social Matches in progress and can quit any time without penalty, although players who quit a match early don’t receive earned experience (XP) from that match.
- Adds the ability to join Horde sessions that are in progress.
- In Social Horde, you can join a session in progress through matchmaking and you are able to continue your session from the last wave you failed without starting over.
- In Ranked Horde, you can join a session in progress only through invites.
- If you join a session in progress, at the end of the session you receive the score you achieved during the time you spent in the session.
- Improves the precision of weapon selection using the D-pad.
- Improves client-side hit detection for ballistic weapons.
And a whole host of Exploit fixes are also packaged in the Title update 6 . The whole update will be released in a few weeks so dont fret its on its way soon.
Iphone 4.0 Beta SDK is released again
Yup you guess it had to come sooner or later. the IPhone SDK is finally here for download for developers. Apple released yet one more Beta to developers. This is the Fourth Beta so far and only for the Eyes of Apple Developers. if you didnt fork over the cash to make Iphone apps you are gonna have to wait a bit longer or find a friend who did spent the tidy sum to become a developer. Based on the history of Apple Betas a final build will be nearing soon. What does this all mean for you and me? well not much other than a glimpse that Apple is gearing up for the 4.0 OS and eventual Iphone Roll out very soon. it will be interesting to see how much makes it in to the final design and build with all the Boozing and losing of Devices that has been going on. Stay tuned for more information.
Android app for the Chevy Volt? Awesome!
Yeah, you heard me right. if you have a Chevy Volt electric car and an Android phone you can do a whole host of things like Setting the Charging schedule or check its trip history to even just honking the horn. Chevy just announced google Maps integration with the Volt in the second iteration of the Android App later this year. Android is getting a lot of cool new hooks I must say and this is pretty cool at that. the Google Maps integration is suppsed to be able to find your car in a parking lot, tell a friend in a chevy Volt where you are to pick you up and setting locations on your phone that become destinations for your car GPS. The Volt and app will be rolling out later this year with hopefully all the above coolness.